Natural Gardens is the perfect destination to have your dream Catskills Barn Wedding, family or business party!
A bonfire or balefire is a large controlled outdoor fire made from bales of straw or wood. The word is believed to come from “bone fire”. In the time of the Celts, there were midsummer festivals where animal bones were burnt to ward off evil spirits.
An additional option you may want to consider for your wedding reception is having a bonfire! What a great way to celebrate your event with friends and relatives.
There are few things more magical than gathering around a campfire under a starry night sky. If you’d like a campfire at your event, we will build, light and monitor the fire. At the end of a glorious wedding reception, nothing says “relax” quite like a toasty bonfire and gooey s’mores. A s’mores bar is the perfect late night snack for your dance-weary guests, and is sure to be a hit. You may give guests a heads up, so they can wear or bring something smoke and marshmallow friendly.
This is an option at Natural Gardens wedding venue. Wedding bonfires can be great fun but here are some things you need to keep in mind.
- Keep flammable items away. Weddings are notorious for having flammable things. Everything from the decorations to the bride’s dress have the potential to catch fire. Make sure you keep a wide berth with these things.
- Change out of your nice clothes. You probably don’t want your dress to smell like smoke forever, so consider changing out of it before ignition. Tuxes should probably be taken off or out of smokes reach, as well.
- Natural Gardens Staff – Staff must be there to start, tend, and douse the bonfire. Please do not allow guests or yourself to tend logs and fire.
- We have several bonfire options; just ask us about them.
- Note that bonfires can never be guaranteed. If yours is canceled due to rain or a dry-weather ban on burning, you will not be charged.
Wedding in the Catskills!
We look forward to making your Wedding in the Catskills everything you’ve imagined, and more.
Call or contact us today – 607-746-2028